Custom 503 errors

When instance is restarting no process is active, varnish cache reply a dirty 503 page.
I would like to be able to customize this page. However, the varnish is shared with other instances. So this is not possible to customize 503 when instance reboot.

Using reloadapplication.php the instance is not rebooting, just the node process.
In this case, the apache process of the instance could reply its own 503 page (specific to the instance).
The only thing missing is a way to configure the error page.

Would it be possible to make a hook for Apache custom error pages ? I mean for example a default error.html page with writing access.

Hi ! thanks for your feedback,

Just to be sure to understand well your request, you would like to be able to customize the 503 page in Apache, when you restart your php application ?

But not when the instance is restarted (because yes in this case the 503 pages is delivered by our webacc/varnish infra).

We have been already thinking for a long time to improve our global 503 page, maybe it could be also satisfying option for you ?

“you would like to be able to customize the 503 page in Apache, when you restart your php application ?”
“But not when the instance is restarted”

=> My case is a NodeJs application, but you got it.

A better global page 503, won’t fit my needs. It will be too generic by definition.
I need to re-ensure my customer that they are using the right URL (with my logo/brand) and communicate this as a “maintenance operation”…

I guess all technical prerequisites are already here (local apache to the instance, a reloadApplication.php that only reload the nodeJs app (not the instance).

I know it’s still a work to do and maintain for you but… it seem’s so tiny change.

Dear Santa,
I really like working with SimpleHosting@Gandi, please listen to this query :slight_smile: