Unable to Register a Domain for an INDIVIDUAL using V5

Today I tried my first domain registration on the V5 interface for an individual rather than a company and was forced to retreat back to the V4 interface to do so!!

V5 steps:

1. Search for available domain and add to basket
  2. Click Checkout
  3. Select the person to invoice and product owner from existing lists.
  4. Owner is a new customer (a living person not an organisation), so attempt to add a new owner - there is no link ot button to do this.
  5. OK, create a new invoicee and maybe we can use that as the owner… press create
  6. Greeted with the following message: “The organization you are creating will be the owner of the domains bought for it, and the recipient of the invoices. It must be a real company, association, or public body for which you have the legal right to purchase products at Gandi.”. There is no option presented for an individual.
  7. Abandon the registration.

V4 steps:

1. Search for available domain and add to basket
  2. Click Order
  3. Select the handles for Owner, Admin, Tech, and Billing. These all default to the currently logged in handle.
  4. On owner handle, click create
  5. At the top of the Contact information form select “You are an individual”.
  6. Fill in the details and proceed with the order.

I sincerely hope that this is an oversight that will be fixed in the next couple of weeks because once the V4 interface really is switched off I (and ALL other Gandi customers) will have no option but to seek an alternative registrar for their non-organisational domain needs!!

Hello @angeltek,

To request assistance from Gandi Customer Care, please use https://help.gandi.net/en/contact
This forum is indeed more oriented towards the community using our hosting and cloud services.

However, thank you for your report, and registering domain names with us.

Owner is a new customer (a living person not an organisation), so attempt to add a new owner - there is no link ot button to do this.

Unfortunately, the support of this specific use-case has been delayed for a bit, hence it not being available at the moment. However it will be available very shortly.
To be more specific:

• the link allowing to create a new organization which will own the products will be available in production in 2days at most, most likely tomorrow.
  • the possibility to create a new “individual” organization at this occasion is still under consideration.

At the current time, should you want to perform the desired result, here are the necessary steps:

• Ask the desired product owner to create an account (or migrate existing v4 account) at Gandi
  • Ask the desired product owner to invite you to a “team” and give you sufficient permissions on his personal organization
  • Perform the registration, the desired product owner personal organization will be available for selection

Please accept our apologies for this temporary inconvenience, I will update this post with status of relevant improvements previously mentioned.

Regards,

Tim, Front-End Lead @gandi.net